Sunday, November 13, 2011

I should like, if I may, to present to you a sexier waldorf salad.


It's one of those foods that just feels like a thing I want to eat this time of year: the contrast of tastes and textures and shapes and colours appeals to my foodie sensibilities, but to be honest, most usual waldorf salads kind of creep me out. For this one, then, I swapped out the objectionable ingredients for things that didn't frighten me so much (and shaved off some unnecessary calories in the process!) and came up with something I'm quite proud of.

What you do:

Take a good handful of greens (whatever salad leaves you fancy, really), top with half an apple sliced into thin wedges, a handful of halved red grapes, half a dozen or so roughly crumbled pecans, and a tablespoon or two of crumbled feta. The dressing is made simply by stirring together about a tablespoon of plain yoghurt, half a teaspoon of honey, and salt and pepper to taste. Perfection.

No comments: